Translate

mandag den 28. oktober 2013

America part 5 - Glastonbury

My grandfather lives in a small town called Glastonbury in Conneticut. It is a very beautiful and peaceful town which was nice to see! The town actually reminded me of the small little towns we see in TV or movies from USA. It is classic American, and something you normally don't see on a vacation to USA.


In front of the town library



A beautiful town clock in the center of town


And now to the food part! My aunt works at a really really great italian restaurant. And these are eggplant fries! They were SO good, I wish I had asked for the recipe! We had them as an appetizer before our main course of lunch.


I had a half sandwich with chicken, peppers and cheese, and a salad with rasberry vinegrette apples walnuts and redonions. So tasty!




My mother had a duck salad with smoked mozarella on the side.


I forced my grandfather to try something new, he also gets what I had. So he had the chicken parmesan - classic italian. 


And for dessert which was NOT planned, but on the house from the owners sweet daughter. The best gelato I have had, ever! I was so stuffed and did not finish it but I wish i could have!


My aunt also made us cappucinos to go with dessert, and they were exellent! 



My beautiful aunt and mother.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar